CBD Technologies Inc. and Ltd.
- December 30th, 1993 – CBD Technologies Ltd. formed in Israel as a protein engineering spin-off from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- March 1995 – CBD Technologies moves into its first facility in the Weizmann Science Park in Rehovoth, Israel. The company deals with cellulose-based protein separation and immobilization of enzymes and antibodies.
- June 1995 – CBD Technologies Inc. formed in Delaware and CBD Technologies Ltd. acquired by CBD Technologies Inc.
- September 1997-February 1998 – the company completes its first venture round with participation of Israeli Venture Capital groups and Dow Ventures from the United States.
- January 1999 – the company recruits Dr. Ziv Shani, its first agricultural biotechnology researcher.
- July 1999 – the company files its first cell wall patent.
- July 2000 – the company shifts strategy and devotes all its resources to agricultural biotechnology, ceasing all protein engineering activity.
- August 2001 – the company receives an initial investment from Suzano Papel e Celulose of Brazil and enters into a collaborative R&D Agreement with Suzano to develop yield enhanced eucalyptus.
- March 2003 – the company initiates its first modified eucalyptus trials in Israel.
- February 2006 – the company initiates its first modified eucalyptus trials with Suzano in Brazil.
- December 2006 – CBD Technologies Inc. merged with FuturaGene Plc.
FuturaGene Inc. and Plc.
- March 2001 – FuturaGene Inc. established in West Lafayette, Indiana, as a spin-off from Purdue University.
- May 2004 – FuturaGene Inc. was reverse merged with Overnet Data Plc., a company traded on the Alternate Investment Market in London (“AIM”) to form FuturaGene Plc.
- December 2006 –FuturaGene Plc. merged with CBD Technologies Inc.
- July 2010 – FuturaGene Plc. acquired by Suzano Papel e Celulose S.A.
back to top